- Northwest Region Home
- Northwest Fisheries Science Center
- NOAA Fisheries Headquarters
- About Us
- What We Do
- Protected Species
- Permits & Authorizations
- Maps & Data
- Education & Outreach
- A-Z Subject Index
Pacific Whiting Scientific Review Group
The Scientific Review Group is established to provide independent peer review of the Joint Technical Committee's work. The review group includes up to six individuals, with two appointed by each party and two independent members.
The review group is charged with:
- Establishing Scientific Review Group terms of reference for approval by the Joint Management Committee.
- Reviewing the stock assessment criteria and methods and survey methodologies used by the Joint Technical Committee.
- Providing annually, by Mar. 1, unless otherwise specified by the Joint Management Committee, a written technical report of the stock assessment and its scientific advice on annual potential yield.
- Performing other duties and functions as directed by the Joint Management Committee.
U.S. members of the review group include:
- Richard Methot, Office of Science and Technology, Northwest Fisheries Science Center
- Michael Prager, Virginia Tech University
Canada has named the following individuals to participate in the Scientific review Group until formal appointments can be made:
- Kendra Holt, Department of Fisheries and Oceans
- Greg Workman, Department of Fisheries and Oceans